Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook is continually updating their interface and layouts. This is provided as a general guideline for set-up of a Business Manager account. While we do our best to update these on a regular basis, your visuals may not be identical to what is shown below. If you have concerns, please contact Creating Excellence.
Note: If you have lost access to your business manager facebook account or have someone that was the sole admin of your page and they have left your organization, contact us as we have experience in Admin Dispute claims with Meta.
•Facebook created the tool as a way to help advertisers integrate their marketing efforts across their biz and with partners. The platform can be used to track ads, manage assets (such as pages) and collaborate with agencies or partners to manage their business.
SIMPLY PUT: Better, tighter control of all assets and people
First Time Set-Up
1. Visit https://business.facebook.com
2. Click on blue “Create Account” button in upper right hand corner of window.
3. Enter a name for your business, select the PRIMARY PAGE (meaning the page your Business Manager is meant to represent) and enter your name and email address (can be work or personal, if your work is connected to your Facebook account, if not use personal for now).
4. If you don’t have a Page for your business, create one!
5. Congratulations! You’ve officially signed up for Business Manager. Once we get everything connected, bookmark business.facebook.com to visit your page and check on your account.
6. Once you’ve signed up, add your page, ad account and people.
ADD YOUR PAGE
To add a Page to your Business Manager:
- Go to Business Settings.
- Below Accounts, click Pages.
- Click + Add.
- Select Add a Page.
- Enter the Facebook Page name or URL.
ADD AN AD ACCOUNT
If you have an existing Ad Account, please advise and we can discuss options for moving it into Business Manager.
If you don’t yet have an Ad Account, don’t worry about setting up at this point in time.
ADD PEOPLE & PARTNERS
7. Your Primary Page should now be connected, which is the Facebook Page of your Business. Look in the far left column, and click on People or Partners.
Which should you choose?
If you would like Creating Excellence to help set-up and manger your Business Manager settings and set-up, we will add as People. This is recommended if you don’t have a full time Social Media Manager and Creating Excellence will be doing this on your behalf.
8. Under Users, click on People and click the blue + Add button.
9. Enter the name firstname.lastname@example.org and toggle Admin Access to ON click Advanced Settings toggle Finance Analyst to ON and Finance Editor to ON.
If Creating Excellence will only be managing your Pages and you have a Community Manager in house that will be handling your Business Manager account, you can simply just add Creating Excellence as a Parnter.
10. Click the blue button in the second column that says +Add
11. When the Add a New Partner account pops up, enter the Partner Business ID Show Below and hit next.
12. Scroll to the bottom of the pop-up window and toggle the Manage Page to ON and Save Changes.